Greetings birdies and welcome to the final instalment of THE EGG DIARIES! Today, in honour of World Egg Day on Friday 10th October, we bring you a foolproof omelette recipe which is guaranteed to be simple AND delicious. It’s a bit of a different take on the original, but we think you’ll like it…
You will need:
✩ frypan with lid
1. Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk together, add salt & pepper if desired
2. Cover the frypan with a bit of oil to stop the eggs from sticking
3. Pour in eggs and cover with lid (this cooks the top without all that flipping/folding business!)
4. Cook over low/mid heat until mixture is of a firm consistency (it will probably puff up when ready)
5. Enjoy with toast or whatever tickles your fancy!
We also have a few suggestions for added ingredients which you can just chop and add in the whisked egg mixture:
- Ham, cheese & tomato
- Spinach & fetta
- Sundried tomatos, capsicum & shallots
- Mushrooms & fresh herbs
- CHEESE (any and all types) and bacon, everybody loves bacon
There you have it, a foolproof omelette with deliciousness guaranteed! Comment below if you give it a try – we’d love to hear from you!
Liked this post? Check out the rest of The Egg Diaries!
P.S. WHO DAT?
Image source: foodthatlookslikeiggyazalea.tumblr.com